Our new remote support app enables IT pros to deliver full screen-sharing, remote control and chat support to Samsung mobile devices running Android OS versions 2.3.x (Gingerbread), 4.0.x (Ice Cream Sandwich) and 4.1.x (Jellybean).
This release joins a host of other features that helps IT technicians support customers, staff and clients and ensures maximum uptime. Check below for the full range of GoToAssist’s mobile support options.
How the new app works
When an issue occurs, technicians using GoToAssist Remote Support can instruct their customers or employees to download the GoToAssist customer app from Google Play to their mobile device. The tech then employs the same support process as they would for PCs and Macs: A GoToAssist 9-digit support key is issued or a URL is sent to the user. Once entered and accepted, the support technician is quickly connected to the user and mobile device. The technician can fix the issue as if the device was in their own hands.
Why is supporting mobile devices so critical?
By 2013, the number of smartphones will exceed 1.82 billion units worldwide. In today’s mobile world, supporting mobile devices is a business necessity, and many IT departments are looking for new ways to deliver support. Not to worry, GoToAssist is here to help!
Our team of engineers and product managers here at Citrix understand how important it is for you to be able to support a variety of mobile devices. So, I am happy to report that both our remote support solutions, GoToAssist Remote Support and GoToAssist Corporate, allow you to deliver support TO a variety of mobile devices. And, that’s not all! We have technician-based apps for GoToAssist that also enable techs to go mobile themselves and still deliver remote support to PC, Mac and mobile device users while away from their desks.
Here is a quick summary of the mobile devices you can support and our technician-based remote support apps:
GoToAssist Remote Support Customer/End user Apps:
- GoToAssist (Customer) Android App
GoToAssist Remote Support Technician-based Apps:
- GoToAssist for Android (free to download)
- Free mobile account offers live support from any Android device only.
- Paid GoToAssist subscriptions – techs can deliver live and unattended support from any Android device plus access to the full-featured web UI and desktop remote support application.
- GoToAssist for iPad (free to download from the AppStore)
- Free mobile account offers live support from an iPad (requires user to set up free mobile account from GoToAssist website).
- Paid GoToAssist subscriptions – techs can deliver live and unattended support from an iPad plus access to the full-featured web UI and desktop remote support application.
GoToAssist Corporate Customer/End user Apps:
- GoToAssist Corporate for Android (customer app)
- GoToAssist Corporate for Samsung Android (customer app for full screen-sharing and remote control of Samsung mobile devices running Android OS versions 2.3.x, 4.0.x, and 4.1.x)
Expand your service offering by providing instant support to mobile users. To troubleshoot and resolve mobile issues fast, support technicians can perform system diagnostics, engage in full screen-sharing remote control, send configuration profiles, chat with end users and let end users upload screenshots. Ensure that one of the most critical and indispensable business tools — the mobile device — is up-and-running 24/7.
Keep customers and employees connected, productive and satisfied every time and everywhere with GoToAssist.