What’s all the noise about GoToAssist Service Desk?
New kid on the block garners accolades – named as Stevie Award Finalist for Favorite New Product
The Stevie® Award is one of the world’s most coveted prizes that many businesses strive to achieve each year. So, we are extremely pleased to announce that GoToAssist Service Desk has been selected as one of the two finalists in the “Favorite New Product” category.
We now need your help! We need you to vote for our Ctirix GoToAssist Service Desk solution…simply click on the “Vote For Us” button to cast your vote.
Voting is open until August 9th, 2013.
Service Desk , the latest and greatest GoToAssist module, is an IT support tool that provides a simple, intuitive way to effectively manage IT service desk operations.
You’re probably wondering what makes Service Desk so special?
Well, I’m glad you asked. 😉
We at Citrix take pride in all our GoToAssist solutions for being remarkably easy and dependable. And Service Desk is no exception. With this new tool, support professionals can easily log, track and resolve incidents; manage configuration changes, releases and workflow; and deliver end-user self-service. Aligned to the ITIL framework of industry best practices, Service Desk seamlessly integrates with GoToAssist Remote Support and IT Monitoring modules for even greater ease, efficiency and transparency in service delivery. (BTW, modules are sold separately. They can be combined to meet your team’s specific needs.)
Here’s a handy-dandy list of key differentiators and features for our new module:
1) Service Desk is remarkably easy to use and set up. It doesn’t require lengthy integrations, exhaustive user-training or huge implementation and training costs. In fact, most users are up-and-running within minutes.
2) It’s part of an integrated support solution. When combined with the (optional) GoToAssist Remote Support and Monitoring modules, technicians can deploy 3 essential IT tools from one easy-to-use interface and gain notable operational efficiencies.
For example, technicians can launch remote support sessions directly from a Service Desk ticket or they can create tickets during live support sessions. All session records can be saved back to the ticket. Technicians can even enable customers and employees to create tickets from the custom-branded self-service portals. Technicians can also monitor their network and all connected devices and then use the integrated capabilities to quickly deliver support to any endpoint.
Service Desk’s capabilities include:
- Customizable dashboards
- Service level management
- Automated triggers
- Contact management
- Time tracking
- Two-way email integration
- Comprehensive developer APIs
Designed to enable support professionals to painlessly follow ITIL best practices, Service Desk allows IT professionals to manage and resolve incidents quickly and efficiently without having to build standards-based processes from scratch.
Another important feature of GoToAssist Service Desk is instant access to product updates. Unlike most on-premises software, with our SaaS-based solution you’ll always be using the newest technology available. Since its launch, our engineering team has been innovating at top speed. They’ve added a host of features to GoToAssist Service Desk:
- Tasks – Technicians can create tasks for any Service Desk record, including incidents, problems, changes, releases and knowledge articles. Creating tasks allows technicians to designate specific action items with individual assignees and due dates.
- Triggers – With triggers, you can now set up customized rules to initiate an action when a specific event occurs. Enjoy the efficiency of increased automation. View the blog post and release notes.
- Active Directory Registration and Authentication – As an additional method of adding customers to accounts, you can employ Active Directory registration and authentication.
- Billable Time Entry Support – For services that allow both billable and non-billable time to be logged, technicians can now indicate which type of time is being recorded.
- Linking Customers to Problems, Changes and Releases – You can now link customers to problems, changes and releases. (Previously, this was only available for incidents.) This addition facilitates more powerful reporting and tighter time tracking.
- Customer Portal Languages – Customize your customer portal in French, German, Spanish, Italian or Portuguese.
- Customer Portal Self-Registration – Customers can register their own accounts for the Customer Portal via email or through the “Create an account” link on the Customer Portal log-in page.
You can also view the GoToAssist product release notes for the latest upgrades.
Here’s how our customers have found success with Service Desk:
-Nationwide retail chain Noel Leeming Group reduced their outstanding call backlog by 25% after they began using Service Desk. The company previously used Lotus Notes and in-house applications but was unable to manage the call volume. After trialing Service Desk, Noel Leeming found it very effective and switched immediately. Set up was easy and fast and required no training.
-Fronde, a provider of IT services, chose GoToAssist Service Desk to replace its antiquated service desk software with a user-friendly tool that followed ITIL framework without excessive processes. With its ease of use, feature set simplicity and minimal training required, technology is no longer a focus and the IT team can concentrate on delivering service.
-Cogiscan, a global high-tech software company, adopted GoToAssist Service Desk and immediately noted better communication and data sharing among its technicians and customers. André Corriveau, co-president of Cogiscan product management, says, “Users enjoy a better experience thanks to capabilities such as issue tracking and management, documentation and the self-service knowledge base. Plus, Cogiscan has gained a competitive edge by offering this portal as a value-add to our annual support contracts.”