GoToAssist expands with additional integrated features of Service Desk and Monitoring. Now, technicians who have both Service Desk and Monitoring modules can import the contents of their Monitoring Inventory into the Configuration Management section as Configuration Items (CIs), making it easier to populate their Configuration Management Database (CMDB). Using the CMDB in conjunction with Monitoring allows technicians to understand the dependencies of customer devices and view these from within Incidents and in the People tab.
Productivity improvement is one of the primary reasons customers choose GoToAssist, and the best validation has been the amazing customer feedback we have heard in just the first 12 months. Today’s IT professionals have a very difficult challenge and we will continue to work closely with our customers to help them achieve their business goal – productivity efficiencies, better workflows and optimization of existing infrastructure.
GoToAssist’s three-module IT toolset lets you create incident tickets during remote support sessions, initiate sessions with one-click directly from service desk tickets and set up monitoring alerts that automatically notify you of issues. Choose one, two or all three GoToAssist products to remove support complexities, drive efficiencies and reduce costs.
GoToAssist Service Desk Wins Big
We are proud to announce GoToAssist Service Desk has secured the following prestigious awards:
- Winner of a People’s Choice Stevie® Award – GoToAssist Service Desk was selected as “Favorite New Product of the Year” on June 17 this year in Chicago.
- Winner of a Gold Stevie for Best New Product – GoToAssist Service Desk secured the American Business Award, one of the world’s most-coveted business prizes on September 16 this year in San Francisco.
- Winner of a Business Intelligence Group (BIG Award) – On September 25, Service Desk was picked as their 2013 New Product of the Year. “Citrix GoToAssist Service Desk is an essential tool in today’s evolving IT help desk,” said Dawn Fordyce, managing director for the Business Intelligence Group. “Citrix clearly makes it easy to support employees around the globe or across the hall with a cloud-based service management tool. Their leadership and innovation sets them apart from others.”
And that’s not all….
Our vice president and general manager of the IT Support & Access Lines of Business, Elizabeth Cholawsky, and our senior VP of customer experience, Catherine Courage, have been selected as finalists in the 2013 Stevie Awards for Women in Business. Gold, Silver and Bronze Stevie Award placements will be announced at the tenth annual awards dinner on Friday, November 8 in New York.
Other key features we’ve added to Service Desk over the past 12 months
Since its launch, our engineering team has been innovating at top speed. They’ve added a host of key new features to GoToAssist Service Desk that include:
- Tasks – Technicians can create tasks for any Service Desk record, including incidents, problems, changes, releases and knowledge articles. Creating tasks allows technicians to designate specific action items with individual assignees and due dates.
- Templates – Easily create Incident Templates, which are customized, pre-populated incident forms that technicians can use to generate new incidents. The settings can be pre-populated with default values (e.g., title, priority, type, symptom), as well as custom fields and preset task lists.
- Triggers – With triggers, you can now set up customized rules to initiate an action when a specific event occurs. Enjoy the efficiency of increased automation. View the blog post and release notes.
- Active Directory Registration and Authentication – As an additional method of adding customers to accounts, you can employ Active Directory registration and authentication.
- Linking Customers to Problems, Changes and Releases – You can now link customers to problems, changes and releases. (Previously, this was only available for incidents.) This addition facilitates more powerful reporting and tighter time tracking.
- Customer Portal Internationalization – Customize your customer portal in French, German, Spanish, Italian or Portuguese.
- Customer Portal Self-Registration – Customers can register their own accounts for the Customer Portal via email or through the “Create an account” link on the Customer Portal log-in page.
Find out how GoToAssist can work for you!
Start your extra-long free trial. During the month of October 2013, you can try Service Desk completely free for 2 months. Take advantage of our birthday offer today.