For all of us here at Citrix GoToAssist, 2013 was a great year. We worked every day to identify, develop and rollout new features that would help you and your team deliver an even better support experience.
While it’s difficult to narrow down, I’ve picked 10 achievements we’re quite proud of for 2013, and I hope you agree:
- New Tasks, Triggers & Templates features – Enhance your IT automation with these key features in the GoToAssist Service Desk module. With Tasks, Triggers & Templates, you can set up customized rules to initiate an automatic action when a specific event occurs, thus reducing manual entries. Learn more.
- “SeeIt” so you can “assist anything” – SeeIt, a live camera-sharing feature of our mobile device support functionality, allows end users to actually show anything (hardware, machinery, tools, etc.) that requires assistance to their technician or service provider. SeeIt works with GoToAssist Remote Support and the Android Customer App. This feature enables you to move beyond just fixing PC, Macs and mobile devices to fixing anything you can see! Watch the demo.
- GoToAssist APIs for integrations with other applications – Integrate GoToAssist Remote Support with your contact management, customer service, social or other software applications and business ecosystems. You’ll be able to start live support sessions from other applications or use remote support session information for reporting, billing, auditing and other purposes. Visit Citrix Developer Center
- GoToAssist Service Desk expands with deeper Monitoring integration – Technicians who have both Service Desk and Monitoring modules can import the contents of their Monitoring Inventory into Service Desk’s Configuration Management section as Configuration Items (CIs), making it easier to populate your Configuration Management Database (CMDB). Using the CMDB in conjunction with Monitoring allows your technicians to understand the dependencies of customer devices and view these from within Incidents and in the People tab.
- Winning 3 prestigious awards – GoToAssist Service Desk won big in 2013 with the following awards:
- Winner of a People’s Choice Stevie® Award – GoToAssist Service Desk was selected as “Favorite New Product of the Year.”
- Winner of a Gold Stevie for Best New Product – GoToAssist Service Desk secured the American Business Award, one of the world’s most-coveted business prizes.
- Winner of a Business Intelligence Group (BIG Award) – New Product of the Year win, “Citrix GoToAssist Service Desk is an essential tool in today’s evolving IT help desk,” said Dawn Fordyce, managing director for the Business Intelligence Group. “Citrix clearly makes it easy to support employees around the globe or across the hall with a cloud-based service management tool. Their leadership and innovation sets them apart from others.”
- Ranked as #1 again – GoToAssist is again the world leader in remote support software services, according to industry analysts IDC in its annual review. GoToAssist grabbed the #1 market share position for a remarkable 5th year in a row thanks to our amazing customers. View the details. We’re also the only remote support provider who has integrated its remote support technology with service desk management and IT monitoring. Our triple play of critical IT tools removes support complexities, drives efficiencies and reduces costs. (Have you taken a test drive of the other modules yet?)
- Updated GoToAssist Remote Support App – For our on-the-go IT professionals, we expanded the technician-based mobile app GoToAssist for iPad to include iPhone compatibility too. Check out the new GoToAssist for iOS app and start delivering support directly from your iPad or iPhone when you’re out and about.
- Expanded mobile device support capabilities – With GoToAssist Remote Support, technicians can quickly connect to end users on their mobile devices too for quick troubleshooting. Best of all − it’s free with your GoToAssist Remote Support subscription. Most companies charge extra for mobile device support features. We’ve add new mobile device support features, including full screen sharing, remote control and chat support to Samsung mobile devices running Android OS versions 2.3.x (Gingerbread), 4.0.x (Ice Cream Sandwich) and 4.1.x (Jellybean). View the complete list of mobile device support features.
- Integration with Citrix XenMobile – GoToAssist Remote Support and Service Desk are fully integrated with XenMobile Enterprise for “one-touch” access to live support. Businesses can now provide their mobile employees a critical lifeline to open a ticket with their help desk or request live support directly from their XenMobile MDM configured mobile devices. View more details
- Active Directory Registration & Authentication – In the GoToAssist Service Desk module, we’ve included an additional method of adding customers to accounts by employing Active Directory registration and authentication.
We hope you love what we’ve done in 2013. Why not tell us about your experience with GoToAssist? Share Your Story and we’ll spread the word about your success in delivering superior support to your customers. You can also let our product design team know exactly what would make GoToAssist even better by joining customer conversations directly in our GoToAssist Community.
Looking back, 2013 certainly was a great year. Here’s to making 2014 just as amazing!