Released September 25, 2015 (PST)
- Debut of new GoToAssist (Customer) app
- New device compatibility for screen sharing only mode
- Support for Samsung Knox
- Bug fixes
Debut of new GoToAssist (Customer) app
- The GoToAssist (Customer) app for Android is a brand new app that allows customers using a mobile device (i.e., Samsung, LG, non-Samsung, non-LG, Google Nexus) running Android OS 4.2 (Jellybean MR1) or newer to connect in a support session with a GoToAssist technician. Previously, the GoToAssist (Customer) app in the Google Play Store did provide support for these versions of Android OS, however, that app has been re-branded as the GoToAssist (Customer) OS < 4.2, and that app will now only provide support for Android OS 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and 4.1 (Jellybean).
New GoToAssist (Customer) app
- The following table outlines the device manufacturer, Android OS, and features that are available when a customer uses the GoToAssist (Customer) app for Android to join a session:
|Device Manufacturer||Android OS||Features|
|non-Samsung & non-LG||
|non-Samsung & non-LG||
New Device Compatibility for Screen Sharing Only Mode
- All customers using any non-Samsung and non-LG devices that are running Android OS 5.0 (Lollipop) or newer are now capable of sharing their screen with their GoToAssist Remote Support technician without remote control. Previously, these customers were limited to chat mode only.
Support for Samsung Knox
- The GoToAssist (Customer) app for Android supports Samsung Knox, an enterprise mobile security solution that allows an Android user to support both business and personal data on one device. To learn more about Samsung Knox, visit https://www.samsungknox.com/en.
- Fix implemented to disable camera sharing on customer side after the technician has ended the session.
- Fix implemented for app crash after installing a profile (via MDM service) that disallows camera sharing, then tapping the Camera icon while in session.
- Fix implemented to correctly display the camera sharing profile setting as enabled when the profile is installed via MDM service.
- Fix implemented for app crash on LG devices after tapping the Menu key while the Screensharing Plugin installation screen is displayed.
- Fix implemented for camera sharing becoming disabled when Back button is tapped while the share snapshot via email option is displayed.
If you have questions, comments, or suggestions about this release, please visit our GoToAssist Community and post your feedback – we want to hear from you!