Released July 28, 2015 (PST)
- New GoToAssist logo
- New Terms of Service
- Restrict remote control permissions for technicians
New GoToAssist Logo
- All instances of the former GoToAssist logo have been updated to reflect the new GoToAssist logo (e.g., the Remote Support section of the Configure menu, as shown below).
New Terms of Service
- Technicians that have not previously accepted our Terms of Service agreement (i.e., when prompted from the expert software) will be greeted with a localized dialog prompt in their language to accept the new terms upon logging in to http://app.gotoassist.com (e.g., the dialog prompt, as shown below). Within the dialog box, a direct link to both the new Terms of Service and FAQs page are also provided. If the technician navigates away from the dialog box, they will continue to be prompted via the web site or Expert software until the terms are accepted.
Restrict Remote Control Permissions for Techincians
- Admins can now restrict the ability for standard users to remotely control the customer’s keyboard and mouse, send Ctrl-Alt-Del, transfer files, and reboot a customer’s computer during a support session.
- Note: This feature was mentioned in a recent set of release notes (as listed below) because of its impact on those components, but it did not become enabled until this release.
- To configure the remote control feature setting for standard users, admins can do the following:
- Create a new user or edit an existing one.
- On the Permissions page, locate Support Features.
- Check the box to enable or disable access for “Can remote control.”
- Click Next > Finish to save the changes.
- Changes made to correctly translate (German only) the status drop-down menu of the Support Center’s support requests export list.
- Changes made to correctly translate (German only) an error message that occurs when the technician attempts to add a new customer portal to an account whose associated companies all have designated portals.
- Changes made to correctly translate (German only) the subdivision label for Company/Companies.
- Fix implemented to prevent new users from being added with an incorrectly formatted email address.
- Changes made to correctly translate (all languages affected) localized versions of the Support Center welcome message.
- Cosmetic changes made to correct overlapping text (all languages affected) of the device status on the Overview tab.
- Cosmetic changes made to adjust the background color of the Home page after the browser window has been resized.
- Fix implemented for web app crash after a technician clicks Test Smart Group in their group configuration settings.
If you have questions, comments, or suggestions about this release, please visit our GoToAssist Community and post your feedback – we want to hear from you!