Released February 01, 2016 (PST)
- In-app use of Android device “Back” button
- Support for handling app links
- Bug fixes and minor changes
In-App Use of Android Device “Back” Button
- Customers can now use the “Back” button on their Android device to return to the in-app Home screen. Additionally, if the customer is in an active session, tapping the “Back” button will prompt them if they’d like to exit the session. Previously, tapping the “Back” button would close the GoToAssist Seeit app and return you to the Android Home screen.
Support for Handling App Links
- When a customer taps a session link to join (e.g., from an email or text message invitation) from their Android device, they will now be prompted within the email or text message to open with the GoToAssist Seeit app (e.g., New launch screen, as shown below). Previously, when tapping a session join link, the customer’s browser app would launch automatically, then redirect them to a landing page (e.g. Previous launch screen, as shown below) that required them to tap Join in order to be launched into session.
- Customers can experience the new session join flow as follows:
- Tap the Session link from your email or text message invitation.
- When prompted to Open with, tap GoToAssist Seeit in the bottom navigation.
- Tap Just once or Always to choose how you would like Session links of this type to be handled in the future.
- Note: These preferences can be changed at any time from the device’s Settings.
- You will be launched directly into the active session.
- Fix was implemented to prevent an upload failure that would occur when the customer’s device was running an older version of Android OS (e.g., Android OS 4.2.2).
- Fix was implemented to display the correct error message (i.e., “No internet connection”) when attempting to join a session while there is no network connectivity detected for the device. Previously, an incorrect message stating “Invalid Support Key” would display.
Additional Minor Changes:
- Cosmetic changes were made to button behavior within the app to improve usability and user experience.
- Cosmetic changes were implemented to correct the aspect ratio in order to capture recording, camera sharing, and snapshots accurately.
- Cosmetic changes were made to the header to remove the GoToAssist Seeit logo and replace with text to show in-session action status (e.g., Camera Sharing) to improve usability.
- Cosmetic changes were implemented to improve user experience of joining a session, including:
- Increasing the width of dialogs.
- Setting the text input cursor to the center of the Enter Support Key field.
- Replacing the Join Session icon to standard.
If you have questions, comments, or suggestions about this release, please visit our GoToAssist Community and post your feedback – we want to hear from you!