Released August 27, 2015 (PST)
- GoToAssist Seeit web (beta) – generally available
- High resolution photos
- New photo management support
GoToAssist Seeit web (beta) – generally available
- When GoToAssist Seeit technicians log in with their email address and password to the technician web site, they will no longer see beta information displayed (e.g., the landing page, as shown below) because this product is now generally available to all customers. All updates prior to this release were beta versions of the GoToAssist Seeit technician web site.
Previous landing page (Beta)
High resolution photos
- Technicians are now able to capture high resolution snapshots (i.e., minimum resolution of 1024×768, maximum resolution varies based on mobile device) while using the camera sharing feature with customers that are using an iPhone 6 or newer (running iOS 8.1 or newer) , or an Android device (running Android OS 5.0 or newer) during their GoToAssist Seeit session. This provides the technician with crisp, high-quality images that capture even the smallest of details at the customer site.
- During a GoToAssist Seeit session, when a technician sees the customer’s live-streaming camera feed (i.e., shared from an Android or iOS device), they can capture, share, and save an image from the technician web site as follows:
- Click the Camera icon on the toolbar in the lower navigation.
- A snapshot will appear in the main window (i.e., viewport) with the messaging, “Photo saved.” During this time, the technician can take multiple snapshots, regardless of the type of mobile device the customer is using.
- A smaller version of the each snapshot will also appear as a thumbnail on the right navigation.
- Click the snapshot thumbnail to share the photo in the viewport with the customer. The messaging “This photo is being shared” will display over the image, and photo sharing will become active.
- To save the individual image, right-click the thumbnail of the snapshot and click Save image as… to save to your desired location.
- During photo sharing, the technician can click the Arrow icon on the technician web site to place an arrow on the shared image that can also be seen by the customer. When 1 or more arrows are placed on the photo, they will become numbered in sequential order. The technician can place up to 9 arrows maximum if they would like to bring attention to specific details of the shared image.
- When 1 or more arrows have been placed on the shared image, technicians can click the Remove Arrow icon to remove all arrows from view for both the customer and the technician. This action will be accompanied by a sound to indicate that this action is complete.
- To stop sharing the thumbnail, click the same snapshot thumbnail again. The messaging, “Camera sharing resumed” will display over the customer’s live-streaming camera feed, and their camera sharing will become active again.
If you have questions, comments, or suggestions about this release, please visit our GoToAssist Community and post your feedback – we want to hear from you!