Released May 15, 2015
- New Comments tab (Labs)
- Default values for new accounts
New Comments Tab for Incidents, Problems, Changes, and Releases (Labs)
- Technicians can now view all comments in a discussion using the new Comments tab for incidents, problems, changes, and releases. This consolidation of all comments to one single tab provides easier access and better readability when technicians view a discussion.
Comments Tab Enabled:
- To use this new Labs feature, technicians can click the Comments tab to view comments for an existing discussion. Here, they can add, edit, or hide a comment from a customer. Technicians can also customize the order of the existing comments in a discussion (i.e., most recent, earliest first) by clicking the Arrow Icon in the Order By menu.
- Note: Administrators must first enable this feature by going to Configure > Account-Wide Settings > Labs and enabling the check box for “Enable the comments tab on records.”
- When new users create a Service Desk account and log in, the “Getting Started” setup wizard will now pre-populate the account and customer portal names for the technician. New users can choose to accept the default values as-is to begin using Service Desk right away, or override the default values at any time for added customization. These values are created as follows:
- Account name – Inherited from the main account, or default to “ServiceDesk” if no changes are made.
- Customer portal name – Randomly generated from our system.
If you have questions, comments, or suggestions about this release, please visit our GoToAssist Community and post your feedback – we want to hear from you!