Released September 24, 2014
Note: Depending on their update settings, users will be affected as follows:
- Users set to Frequent Updates will be automatically updated.
- Users set to Infrequent Updates with “build 758” selected will be automatically updated. Note that administrators must manually select build 758 after the release in order to have users updated.
- Users set to Regular Updates will be automatically updated, as this is a new default build.
- New “tool tip” pop-up for first-time technicians
- New “End and Give Feedback” button
- New “Ctrl-Alt-Delete” button in toolbar
- Support for Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
- Improvements to application update process
New “Tool tip” Pop-Up for First-Time Technicians
- The first time a new session is launched after the GoToAssist Expert desktop application is freshly installed, technicians will now see a “Tool tip” message intended to help them find the buttons for inviting a customer to join the support session (“Your session has started. Next, invite a customer to join.”). This change is intended to help improve the overall user experience for technicians using the GoToAssist Expert desktop application for the first time. If the desktop application is uninstalled and then re-installed, the message will appear again during the first session.
- The End Session dialog seen by technicians now includes an End and Give Feedback button, which technicians can click to be taken to a brief feedback survey in their web browser.
- The Viewer toolbar now includes a Ctrl-Alt-Delete button, which technicians can click while in session to send the Ctrl-Alt-Delete command to the customer’s computer. Previously, this feature was available in the Tools drop-down menu.
- The GoToAssist Expert and GoToAssist Customer desktop applications now support the upcoming Mac operating system upgrade, OS X 10.10 (Yosemite).
Improvements to Application Update Process
- Backend changes were made to modify the way in which the GoToAssist Expert and GoToAssist Customer desktop applications automatically scan for updated versions (i.e., so that they don’t all scan simultaneously). Ideally, these changes will cause less overloads to the GoToAssist system and provide a better customer experience (e.g., avoid delays during the update process, ensure that the application is always ready to create a new session).