Released Feb. 6, 2015
- Ability for LG customers to share their screen
- Support for Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
- Additional screen sharing improvements
Ability for LG Customers to Share their Screen
- Customers with LG devices can now share their screens with technicians by installing the Screensharing Plugin for LG from the Google Play Store. The plugin then runs as a background service that enables screen sharing for the GoToAssist (Customer) app.
- The GoToAssist (Customer) app will automatically determine if a device needs the plugin and will present customers with the following prompt: “Install Screen Sharing? This add-on lets you share your screen during a support session (recommended).” Users can then tap Install to get the plugin (currently v1.0.265, b498).
Support for Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
- Android customers running OS 5.0 (Lollipop) can now join support sessions using the GoToAssist (Customer) app.
Additional Screen Sharing Improvements
- Additional improvements were made screen sharing for all Android devices (e.g., reducing bandwidth usage).