Released March 11, 2015
- Support for restricted technician permissions
- New in-app feedback survey
- Transparency added to toolbar
- Removal of “Give Feedback” option
Support for Restricted Technician Permissions
- If technicians have “access to unattended computers” disabled by an admin, they will now see the Unattended Support button on the Home page grayed out.
New In-App Feedback Survey
- When technicians select End and Give Feedback when ending a session, a new feedback survey will now appear directly within the GoToAssist (Remote Support) app. Previously, selecting this option automatically launched the device’s Internet app and directed users to a survey hosted online.
Transparency Added to Toolbar
- The toolbar at the top of the screen is now transparent, which helps increase the visibility of the customer’s screen.
Removal of “Give Feedback” Option
- The Give Feedback option has been removed from the menu under Settings > About GoToAssist, as firstname.lastname@example.org is no longer used to support customers and selecting this option caused the app to crash. Technicians can use the End and Give Feedback option when ending a support session to provide feedback if desired.
Fix for Gesture Guide Showing for Chat-Only Sessions
- When a customer whose device does not support screen sharing joins a session with an Android technician, the technician will no longer see the Gesture Guide pop up at the beginning of the session (since the gestures do not apply to chat-only sessions). Instead, they will skip directly to the “Available support modes for this device” screen.