Released October 07, 2015 (PST)
- App crash fix for unsupported languages
- Various bug fixes
App crash fix for unsupported languages
- A fix was implemented to prevent the technician app from crashing when an unsupported language is being used as the default language on an iOS device. The GoToAssist (Remote Support) app for iOS will now launch in English if one of the known supported languages (i.e., English, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese (Brazil) and French) is not being used.
Other changes and bug fixes included in this release:
- A fix was implemented to allow the technician to be redirected to the login screen once they have created a session, then exited that session (i.e., while it was still being created), and logged out. Previously, it would allow the technician to start a new session after they had already logged out.
- A fix was implemented to prevent a technician from deleting an unattended support machine (i.e., from the unattended support computers list) while in session.
- A cosmetic change was implemented to allow the text box on the localized authentication screen to be shown when setting up unattended support.
- A display change was implemented to prevent the contents of the text box from bouncing when text is entered after the 4th line.
- A display change was implemented to prevent the text box from expanding outside of the view when typing in landscape mode.
If you have questions, comments, or suggestions about this release, please visit our GoToAssist Community and post your feedback – we want to hear from you!