Released May 11, 2015 (PST)
- Support for photo sharing
- New “Info” screen
Support for Photo Sharing
- GoToAssist Seeit technicians can now use the technician web site to capture a still photo from a customer’s live-streaming camera feed.
- Take a snapshot and share it with the customer during a GoToAssist Seeit session as follows:
- On the technician web site while in an active session, click the Camera icon in the right navigation. A snapshot of the image will appear with the messaging, “You are now sharing this photo.”
- To save the captured image, click the Download icon in the right navigation; this will open a new browser tab containing the image. Right-click the photo, select Save Image As… and choose your desired save location.
- To close the still image and return to the customer’s live-streaming camera feed, click the Exit icon in the right navigation.
- When the technician takes a snapshot, the photo is immediately shared with the customer on their iOS device, displaying the message, “The technician wants to talk about this photo.” The customer can also choose to save the image by taking a standard screen shot on their iOS device, which will be saved to the Camera Roll.
- Note: At this time, only the technician (via the technician web site) can close the still image and return to the live camera feed.
New “Info” screen
- Customers that launch the GoToAssist Seeit app for iOS will now see an Info icon at the top-right of the Home screen.
- Note: the version menu item is view-only.
- Fix for being unable to join subsequent Seeit sessions after the first session.
- Fix for no audio on subsequent Seeit sessions after the first session.
- Fix for app crashing after 20 seconds of audio transmission.
If you have questions, comments, or suggestions about this release, please visit our GoToAssist Community and post your feedback – we want to hear from you!