Released July 18, 2017 (PDT)
What’s new in v6.12:
- New “LogMeIn” version of the GoToAssist Seeit app for iOS
What’s new in v6.11:
- Prompt to switch to “LogMeIn” version of the app
What’s new in v6.12:
New “LogMeIn” Version of the GoToAssist Seeit App for iOS
- The new GoToAssist Seeit app for iOS has been published to the App Store with “LogMeIn, Inc” as its publisher. This means that all current and new users should install this new version (v6.12) of the app onto their device, and then delete the older version (v6.11) that was published by our previous company. This switchover must be completed by Dec. 4, 2017. (RSC-56720)
- Note: This change is related to the Important Account Updates currently underway due to the merger between GetGo and LogMeIn. Over the next several months, our collection of mobile apps will each be re-published under the LogMeIn name. Customers will need to complete this process for each individual GoTo app they use on their device(s). They should complete this update and switch to the new apps before December 4, 2017 to avoid connection issues.
What’s new in v6.10:
Prompt to Switch to New “LogMeIn” Version of the App
- Now that the new “LogMeIn” version of the app is available, agents should install that new version (v6.12) and stop using the original version (v6.11) of the app. When users open the older version of the app, they will now see a notification informing them of this change and prompting them to install the new version. Once they have done so, they can remove the original version from their devices. (RSC-56179)
- Additionally, the old app name has been changed to GoToAssist Seeit (legacy), and the old app logo has been updated in the App Store with a gray color scheme and includes a banner marked with “LEGACY” to distinguish between the two app versions. This encourages new and existing users to install the new “LogMeIn” version of the app. (RSC-57265)
Previous app logo (legacy version)
“LogMeIn” app logo (newest version)
If you have questions, comments, or suggestions about this release, please visit our GoToAssist Community and post your feedback – we want to hear from you!