Released April 08, 2015 (PST)
- New app for Service Desk technicians available in the App Store
- View and manage incidents via the app
New App for Service Desk Technicians
- The GoToAssist Service Desk app for iPhone is now available for download in the App Store. Service Desk technicians can now use the new iOS app to view and manage their open incidents on the go.
- Note: Currently the app only supports viewing and managing open incidents. Future iterations of the app will support more records (changes, problems, etc.).
- Using the GoToAssist Service Desk app, technicians can do the following:
- View a list of open incidents on the Home screen.
- Switch between viewing the incidents assigned only to you, all incidents or the incidents associated with an existing report by tapping the toolbar below the Menu icon.
- Search for a particular incident by tapping the Search icon in the toolbar.
- Switch between viewing the incidents for a particular service, or viewing all incidents (global) by tapping the Menu icon in the top-left of the Home screen.
- View the details of an incident (e.g., customer, symptom, discussion, assignee, type) by tapping it on the Home screen. Tap the Overview, Discussion and Details tabs to switch between screens. You can also tap a field (e.g., customer, priority, resolution) to change it in real time, and even add a comment to the Discussion.
- Create a new incident by tapping the Create icon in the top-right of the Home Screen. Fill in the service, title and symptom, then tap Create. You can then enter the rest of the details of the new incident.
- Access Settings (including Log Out) by tapping the Menu icon in the top-left of the Home screen.
If you have questions, comments, or suggestions about this release, please visit our GoToAssist Community and post your feedback – we want to hear from you!