Released February 01, 2017 (PST)
- New “My Tasks” option in Beta Features (Labs)
- Removal of “Feedback” option
- Removal of Citrix branding
- Bug fix
New “My Tasks” Option in Beta Features (Labs)
- Agents can now enable a new Beta feature (i.e., Labs) that will display a “My Tasks” page, where a consolidated view of all their assigned tasks for Incidents, Problems, Changes, Releases, and Knowledge Articles are displayed. (GTASD-1095)
- To enable the “My Tasks” feature, agents can do the following:
- Log in to their account at https://desk.gotoassist.com.
- Go to Configure > Account-Wide Settings > Labs.
- Check the box to enable the “Enable My Tasks view” option.
- Click Save.
- Note: This feature can also be enabled by internal admins.
- Once enabled, agents can use the My Tasks feature as follows:
- Return to your desired service or Global service, then click the My Tasks tab in the top navigation to access all of your open tasks. You can filter your task view by clicking Show All, Incidents, Problems, Changes, Releases, and Knowledge Articles. Additionally, you can click on the title of the Incident, Problem, Change, Release, or Knowledge Article to go to the record, then click the Tasks tab to manage the task directly.
- Each open task has a “Status” column in the right navigation, where agents can click the Status icon to change to New , In Progress , or Done . By default, all open tasks are marked as New (as shown below, in the “My Open Tasks” image).
- If the “Due Date” and “Status” columns are blank (for Incidents or Changes only), this indicates that a template was used, and the template requires that tasks be sequential (i.e., Tasks must be completed in a fixed order, and the order of tasks cannot be changed). Upon hovering over the blank “Status” column, a tooltip will indicate that the task is sequential, and all tasks before it must be completed first.
- For sequential tasks, once all previous tasks are complete, the “Due Date” column will contain a date/time, and the “Status” column will contain the Status icon, which can now be changed (as shown above, in the “My Open Tasks” image).
- Once a task (i.e., sequential or non-sequential) is complete and marked as Done , click the My Tasks tab in the top navigation or refresh the web browser and the task will no longer be displayed.
Removal of “Feedback” Option
- In an effort to reduce confusion and encourage account holders to use one channel for providing feedback, agents will no longer see the “Feedback” option (as shown below) in the top navigation within their Service Desk accounts. Previously, agents would use the Feedback feature in an attempt to submit technical issues to Customer Care instead of providing constructive feedback about Service Desk. Admins, agents, and customers can use our third-party (tNPS) system to submit their general feedback about Service Desk, and continue to use the Contact Support option to reach Customer Care and raise technical issues. (GTASD-1148)
Removal of Citrix Branding
- Fix for correctly wrapping the text of a long Comment (i.e., 1 long word without spaces) when it is added to an incident within the Customer Portal. (GTASD-1135)
If you have questions, comments, or suggestions about this release, please visit our GoToAssist Community and post your feedback – we want to hear from you!